LED sign lighting can help your business stand out with an attractive sign that’s easy to read from the road. It’s more than just a luxury that can draw in new customers. It’s a must for any business that’s serious about competing to gain new customers and continuing to attract the attention of current customers. Without proper LED sign lighting, you’re losing customers. Here’s what you need to know.
HOW THE WRONG SIGN CAN COST YOU BUSINESSThe wrong sign is costing you business, whether you realize it or not. A University of Connecticut survey, recently found that two-thirds of business owners reported an uptick in customers following a change to their sign. This suggests that customers avoid certain businesses based on their signs--or that they simply fail to notice businesses with weak signage. Sixty percent of consumers say they will not shop at a business that has no sign. Forty-eight percent won’t patronize a business with a poorly worded or misspelled sign. So how might your sign fare if it’s old, outdated, or ugly? It’s certainly not drawing in business. So what’s the point of having it at all? The right sign is effortless marketing. It does your branding for you, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. That’s a marketing effort that no other advertising campaign can match.
A QUALITY SIGN: A KEY BUSINESS INVESTMENTYour success is partially built on your willingness to be frugal. After all, no business can survive if it’s bleeding money. So many businesses are understandably reluctant to shell out for a good sign. That’s a short-sighted approach, since the wrong sign (or no sign at all) can cost you money. Instead, think of LED signs as an investment: you spend a little money now, and may reap significant rewards over the long-term. Quality signs do more than just make you money, too. They can also:
- Support good publicity. An attractive sign makes a great backdrop for a charitable event or news story.
- Convey subtle messages. Your sign can speak to the type of customer you serve or your company’s culture.
- Support a rebranding effort. This can be especially helpful if your company is coming back from a downturn.
WHAT DOES GOOD LED SIGN LIGHTING LOOK LIKE?National Signs specializes in professional, beautiful signs that complement your branding and increase the visibility of your company. We can help you design the right LED sign for your needs. So does your current sign measure up? Here are some hallmarks of good LED signage, no matter what industry you’re in:
- The sign is visible from the street, and is not obstructed.
- The sign stands out from its surroundings, but also complements them. A neon orange sign doesn’t fit well into a natural pastoral scene.
- The lights function well, don’t buzz, and are not missing.
- If the sign contains a message or imaging, the message is consistent with the time of day and year.
- The sign complements other branding efforts.
- The sign is contemporary, with design elements that don’t feel outdated.
- The sign is regularly serviced and clean.
- The sign lighting works well in its surroundings, with colors that are visible and that don’t cause eye strain.